A moist, rich, buttery loaf that makes the most of simple flavorings, Butter Loaf Pound Cake is an ideal recipe to make as one of your standards. We use this recipe to make Grilled Poundcake or other fun desserts. It is ideal for a great trifle.
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3 eggs (richer- use 3 yolks and 1 whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (if batter is too thick add 1/4 Cup milk or cream)
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming till light. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time beating each time. Sift dry ingredients; stir in. As noted above, if the batter is too thick, add 1/4 Cup cream or milk to thin.
- Grease bottom only of 9-x5-x3-inch loaf pan; pour in batter. You can also use a bundt pan or other shape pans as you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes till done. Cool in pan.
- Optionally, you may glaze the loaf with any glaze, but we prefer Buttermilk Glaze.
While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the ...
Apricot, Fig and Spice Christmas Cake is a delicious fruitcake made with dried fruits and spices. Ea...
Pork Osso Buco is unusual yet delicious. This Creole adaptation of the Northern Italian classic is ...
English Pea Crostini with Arugula and Parmesan makes a glorious start to any meal, but may also be s...