A moist, rich, buttery loaf that makes the most of simple flavorings, Butter Loaf Pound Cake is an ideal recipe to make as one of your standards. We use this recipe to make Grilled Poundcake or other fun desserts. It is ideal for a great trifle.
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3 eggs (richer- use 3 yolks and 1 whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (if batter is too thick add 1/4 Cup milk or cream)
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming till light. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time beating each time. Sift dry ingredients; stir in. As noted above, if the batter is too thick, add 1/4 Cup cream or milk to thin.
- Grease bottom only of 9-x5-x3-inch loaf pan; pour in batter. You can also use a bundt pan or other shape pans as you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes till done. Cool in pan.
- Optionally, you may glaze the loaf with any glaze, but we prefer Buttermilk Glaze.
Serve these for breakfast, brunch or dinner. They are delicious, protein rich and full of flavor. S...
Vegetarian Wellington is an outstanding, flavorful way to serve a great appetizer or main course to ...
Nesselrode Pie is one of the old-time favorites. The pie was extremely popular in New York from the ...
Curried Vegetable Soup is an exceptional Thai-inspired soup packed with flavor and nutritional value...