A moist, rich, buttery loaf that makes the most of simple flavorings, Butter Loaf Pound Cake is an ideal recipe to make as one of your standards. We use this recipe to make Grilled Poundcake or other fun desserts. It is ideal for a great trifle.
Butter Loaf Pound Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3 eggs (richer- use 3 yolks and 1 whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (if batter is too thick add 1/4 Cup milk or cream)
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming till light. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time beating each time. Sift dry ingredients; stir in. As noted above, if the batter is too thick, add 1/4 Cup cream or milk to thin.
- Grease bottom only of 9-x5-x3-inch loaf pan; pour in batter. You can also use a bundt pan or other shape pans as you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes till done. Cool in pan.
- Optionally, you may glaze the loaf with any glaze, but we prefer Buttermilk Glaze.