Butter Cheese Dips
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1/2 Cup butter (or butter)
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- 2 Cups flour, self-rising; sifted
- 1 Cup cheese, Cheddar; shredded
- 2/3 Cup milk; plus
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Melt butter in a 15 x 10 x 1" jellyroll pan.
- Cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese and milk.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface, and knead 2 to 3 times.
- Roll to about 1/4" thickness, and cut with a small biscuit cutter.
- Dip both sides of biscuits in melted butter, placing them side by side in remaining melted butter for baking.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 mintues.
SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine, March 1980