The French quickly adapted Worcestershire sauce and created this delectable steak recipe. Seriously good eating with a rich and wonderful sauce.
Burgundy Steak Sauce a la Worcester
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped
- 21 ounces beef gravy; 2 cans
- 3 Tablespoons Burgundy; *
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons parsley; chopped
- * You can use Burgundy or any other type of dry red wine in this recipe.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the gravy, wine, and Worcestershire Sauce. Cook and stir until hot, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve over steak or hamburgers.
- Makes approximately 3 Cups of sauce.