These very tasty shish kebabs are an American version of the Middle Eastern classic, using richly flavorful bison in place of lamb or beef. Outstanding in summer.
- 1 1/2 pounds bison sirloin or top round; cut 1" to 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 green pepper; cut in l" squares
- 2 small yellow squash (4-inch); thickly sliced
- 12 large mushroom caps
- 1 onion; thickly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or onion salt
- 1 garlic clove (1 or 2); crushed
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup white wine
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- lemon wedges
- Marinate meat and vegetables (except tomatoes) in mixture of seasonings, garlic, oil, and wine for at least 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove from marinade, arrange meat on skewers alternately with vegetables.
- Broil 5 inches from heat over charcoal or on rotisserie spit for approximately 7 to 10 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning frequently or continuously. (Vegetables soaked in oil mixture need no previous cooking.)
Recipe Source: Whitefeather Farm
Serve with lemon wedges, the lemon to be squeezed over the meat.
Steamed Maine Lobster on Fettuccine with Carrot, Ginger, Snow Peas and Cognac-Coral Butter Sauce is ...
Apple-Ginger Pork Chops is an original Epicurus.com recipe of exceptional flavor and texture that's ...
A bit off the original Mexican recipe, this version adds bacon, Tabasco and a few other ingredients ...
If you yearn for a better meatloaf, Ed Debevic's Meatloaf is for you. Make it in a loaf, a pie dish ...