Though Bison is called Wild Game, in fact, it is farm raised and now commercially sold in supermarkets around the country. Much more flavorful and healthy than beef.
Buffalo Hump Chili
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Wild Game
- 3 pounds ground bison
- 3 poblano peppers; chopped
- 2 medium onions; finely chopped
- 3 cans Rotel tomatoes (10 ounces each); diced
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons New Mexico chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- fresh lime
- Brown the bison meat. Bison is lean and clumpy, so add a little oil and break it up as you brown it. Add onions and garlic. When onions are clear, add tomatoes and spices. Add water to barely cover, and simmer until meat is tender. Add chopped poblanos for last 20 minutes of simmer, and stir in lime juice before serving.