Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce has become an American classic, and perfect for celebrations or a fun evening appetizer with family or friends.
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 18 chicken wings, disjointed, tips discarded (36 pieces)
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup hot pepper sauce
- vegetable oil, for frying
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, Roquefort or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Mix the cornstarch and flour in a plastic bag. Coat wings in the mixture, shake off excess and allow to rest on a plate.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add hot sauce and remove from the heat.
- In large frying pan or deep-fat fryer, heat 1" of oil to 375 degrees. Fry wings in batches without crowding until golden brown, 12 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss the wings with spicy butter and serve warm with Blue Cheese dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- In small bowl, mash the blue cheese, leaving some small lumps. Whisk in the mayonnaise until blended. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to blend well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks (optional), trimmed, cut about 4 inches long and chilled.
These spicy hot wings with cool, creamy dip are all the rage.