In New York, great Mexican cuisine can be found everywhere, but this is exceptional, and a New York original. Bryant Park is located between Fifth Avenue and Avenue of the Americas, from West 40th to West 42nd Street, behind the New York Public Library.
- 8 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 red onion; diced
- 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves; chopped
- 3 jalapeno chiles; diced, with seeds
- 2 plum tomatoes; diced
- juice of 3 limes
- salt, to taste
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seeds. with spoon, scoop out avocado flesh and place in wooden bowl. Mash with spoon until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in onion, cilantro, chiles, tomatoes and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.
Each of 18 servings: 141 calories; 26 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 13 grams fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 1.72 grams fiber.