These are not the Belgian Waffles you get at the supermarket or the diner. More cookie-like, they are thin, and wonderful when topped with ice cream, fruit, whipped cream, jam or other delightful things.
- 1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour and salt. Add remaining ingredients. Beat just until smooth.
- Let batter sit 2 hours at room temperature or refrigerate overnight. This makes the waffles more tender.
- Bake in a waffle iron following manufacturer's directions. Spread the batter thin and bake until crisp and browned.
- Serve for dessert or breakfast. Yield depends on size of waffle iron. For example, one that makes 7-inch rounds will yield 4 large rounds that separate into 16 sections.
Christmas Mincemeat Parcels are a delicious and elegant way to prepare a wonderful dessert. Flavorf...
Penn-Dutch Pot Roast is simple to prepare and yields an intense, delicious flavor best served with c...
The glorious flavor and delicate texture of fresh Yorkshire Puddings make them an outstanding deligh...
Mom's Tuna Salad is as American as Apple Pie, and similarly, no two mom's make it alike. This recip...