These are not the Belgian Waffles you get at the supermarket or the diner. More cookie-like, they are thin, and wonderful when topped with ice cream, fruit, whipped cream, jam or other delightful things.
- 1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour and salt. Add remaining ingredients. Beat just until smooth.
- Let batter sit 2 hours at room temperature or refrigerate overnight. This makes the waffles more tender.
- Bake in a waffle iron following manufacturer's directions. Spread the batter thin and bake until crisp and browned.
- Serve for dessert or breakfast. Yield depends on size of waffle iron. For example, one that makes 7-inch rounds will yield 4 large rounds that separate into 16 sections.
Leek Broth is an amazing Welsh soup that is so packed with flavor that it explodes on the palate. S...
This simply wonderful pesto variation makes an alluring, exciting and flavorful sauce for pasta, or ...
Southern Pecan Pie is an amazing, rich and incredibly sweet dessert that is soothing and comforting ...
For a delicious, healthy side dish, make some Baked Sweet Potato Fries today. Their sweet, crunchy g...