Perfect with chicken or turkey or roasts, Brussel Sprouts and Chestnuts is a simple side dish and holiday tradition! Always a delicious family favorite for the holiday table.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 1/2 pound chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Blanche brussels sprouts in boiling water 5 to 10 minutes. Run cold water over them.
- Take chestnuts, with a sharp knife, make an "X" on the top of each one. Brush each chestnut with oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then shell.
- Mix sprouts, chestnuts and seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over broth.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes (can extend). Remove from oven.
- Pour liquid into pan and mix with cornstarch and water.
- Cook over medium heat till thickened.
- Pour over vegetables.
These soft, seeded, salted breadsticks make a perfect accompaniment to pasta and other Italian dishe...
Simply luscious, creamy and delicious, this dip is perfect with tortilla chips, pita crisps, papadum...
A delicious and sweet confection, Rum Custard Filling is always a treat in pastries, pies or other d...
The delicacy of our Pineapple Salmon Burger cannot be underestimated. It is a gift from the seas an...