Perfect with chicken or turkey or roasts, Brussel Sprouts and Chestnuts is a simple side dish and holiday tradition! Always a delicious family favorite for the holiday table.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 1/2 pound chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Blanche brussels sprouts in boiling water 5 to 10 minutes. Run cold water over them.
- Take chestnuts, with a sharp knife, make an "X" on the top of each one. Brush each chestnut with oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then shell.
- Mix sprouts, chestnuts and seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over broth.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes (can extend). Remove from oven.
- Pour liquid into pan and mix with cornstarch and water.
- Cook over medium heat till thickened.
- Pour over vegetables.
Chestnuts come into season in the autumn through winter, providing creative cooks with delectable op...
Fresh chutney has vivid flavors, each enhanced by the others. Apple is brightened by the chile, whic...
Deliciously flavorful, Cure-All Chicken Soup is a heart-warming soup bringing not only comfort to th...
It seems simple but the intense flavor of Charred Tomato Coulis are an ideal taste sensation, partic...