Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 packages frozen baby lima beans
- 2 packages frozen okra
- 2 packages frozen whole kernel corn
- Optional: Tabasco or other red hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 large hen, steamed, boned, and diced (reserve broth)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large can V-8 vegetable juice
- 1 large can peeled tomatoes
- 1 small can peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- Cook chicken broth, diced chicken, tomatoes, juices, onions, and seasonings until fairly thick. Add vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are done and stew is a good consistency. You may vary kinds of vegetables and seasonings according to your taste.
Fresh vegetables are better if in season and available, but frozen are easier.
This is great winter faire.