An absolutely rich, moist and delightful coffee cake best served for brunch. Ideal with a cup of full bodied coffee or strong tea. Simply delightful.
Brunch Coffee Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese (possibly to match jam flavor)
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Cups Bisquick mix
- 1/3 Cup 7-Up soda
- 1/2 Cups jam (your choice of flavor)
- 1 Cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- Cut cream cheese and butter into Bisquick mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Blend in 7-Up. Turn Bisquick dough onto lightly floured surface (with Bisquick powder) and knead 8 to 10 strokes.
- Roll dough on wax paper to form 12 inch X 8 inch rectangle. Turn onto greased baking sheet and remove wax paper.
- Spread jam/preserves down center of dough. Make 2 1/2 inch slits at 1 inch apart on both long sides of rectangle. Fold each strip over jam on angle (resembles X's). Tuck down end pieces.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend powdered sugar to a spreading consistency with milk and vanilla. Drizzle warm coffee cake with icing and ENJOY!