These wonderful cookies are a treat year round. Always a favorite with the kiddies, and perfect with a glass of cold milk.
Brown Sugar Spice Cookies
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups butter, softened
- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- candied cherry halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter; beat in sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe stars onto ungreased cookie sheets. Top each with a candied cherry half.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Dough may be rolled into 1 inch balls. Top with cherry and bake as directed.