Broiled Fruits with Vanilla Ice Cream
Author: Ed Kasky of Engine Co. No. 28
- 2 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Simple Syrup, see Recipe
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 peaches; peeled and sliced
- 2 plums; sliced
- 2 nectarines; sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter; melted
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
STEP ONE: For Fruit Puree
- Place raspberries, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain out all seeds and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
STEP TWO: Assembly
- Spoon some of the puree onto plates and arrange the peach, plum, and nectarine slices in a decorative manner on the puree and lightly brush the fruits with the melted butter. Broil until the fruits are warmed through. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of the plate and serve immediately.
- Different fruits can be used as they become available throughout the year. A popular combination at the restaurant is with a variety of tropical fruits.