Zesty, tangy, aromatic and richly flavorful are words that will come to mind with each bite of this delicious fish recipe. Glorious for summer meals.
- 4 large flounder fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon safflower oil; for coating pan
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1. Wash fillets and pat dry. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Preheat broiler.
- Cut pepper in half, seed, and place, cut side down, on baking sheet. Broil until skin blackens (1 to 2 minutes). Place pepper halves in a paper bag for 1 minute to steam, then rinse and peel off blackened skin. Place in food processor or blender with butter, shallots, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Puree until thick spread is formed. Remove from blender, spoon into a small bowl, and refrigerate.
- Broil fish on the same baking sheet. Cook 3 minutes per side for fillets, 5 to 8 minutes per side for steaks. Turn once. Test for doneness by flaking with a fork.
- To serve, place a generous spoonful of red pepper butter on top of each piece of broiled fish.
Steam fresh asparagus or broccoli to accompany this easy entree.