The pairing of Broccoli with Rigatoni is the stuff of legend. A hearty, thick pasta, rigatoni stands up well to the texture of broccoli. Goes well with cauliflower or a combination of the two.
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound rigatoni
- fresh parsley, chopped
- grated cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter and gently brown the garlic.
- Add broccoli and stir gently until pan gets very hot.
- Add chicken broth, cover, and simmer just until broccoli is al dente.
- Add half the fresh basil and the drained hot rigatoni, cooked al dente, to the skillet and mix thoroughly.
- Put on a hot serving dish and sprinkle with parsley, pepper, grated cheese and remaining basil.
An adaptation of the historic recipe, Senate Bean Soup has been a staple in the U.S. Senate dining r...
In Louisiana, economical, tasty food is the rule, and thus Cajun Red Beans and Rice have become a st...
A Cornish pasty, is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with C...
Outstanding is the word for flavorful Lemon Sole with Gremolata on Roasted Vegetables. The taste is ...