The pairing of Broccoli with Rigatoni is the stuff of legend. A hearty, thick pasta, rigatoni stands up well to the texture of broccoli. Goes well with cauliflower or a combination of the two.
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound rigatoni
- fresh parsley, chopped
- grated cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter and gently brown the garlic.
- Add broccoli and stir gently until pan gets very hot.
- Add chicken broth, cover, and simmer just until broccoli is al dente.
- Add half the fresh basil and the drained hot rigatoni, cooked al dente, to the skillet and mix thoroughly.
- Put on a hot serving dish and sprinkle with parsley, pepper, grated cheese and remaining basil.
Ricotta is ideal for making Tuscan Cheesecake, adding a wonderful flavor and smooth, creamy texture ...
If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman's Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors ...
The delights of Avocado Cilantro Soup will fill any tummy with delight and tempt every palate to im...
Banana, Pineapple and Mincemeat Strudel with Chocolate Rum Sauce is quite a mouthful to say, and to ...