The pairing of Broccoli with Rigatoni is the stuff of legend. A hearty, thick pasta, rigatoni stands up well to the texture of broccoli. Goes well with cauliflower or a combination of the two.
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound rigatoni
- fresh parsley, chopped
- grated cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter and gently brown the garlic.
- Add broccoli and stir gently until pan gets very hot.
- Add chicken broth, cover, and simmer just until broccoli is al dente.
- Add half the fresh basil and the drained hot rigatoni, cooked al dente, to the skillet and mix thoroughly.
- Put on a hot serving dish and sprinkle with parsley, pepper, grated cheese and remaining basil.
Cheeseburgers with an Attitude may seem arrogant, but if exceptional flavor, enticing taste and supe...
Curried Apple Coleslaw offers a uniquely spicy flavor and a delightful taste sensation to this marve...
Crawdad Gumbo is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious, hearty and comforting soup that's flav...
It's hard to resist a warm cinnamon-flavored Dutch breakfast treat, so when the Schnecken beckons, i...