In warmer weather cold Broccoli Soup is both refreshing and healthy for you and your family, and quite tasty, too.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1/2 Cup beef broth
- 10 ounces broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup light cream or half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- sour cream
- In a saucepan add broth and broccoli florets. Cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for three minutes. Remove from heat. Do not drain.
- Add the mixture and milk to a blender. Blend until the broccoli is completely pureed. Add the cream and spices. Process a few moments more.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Blend one more time before serving.
- Portion into bowls. Garnish, if desired, with sour cream and snipped chives.