An outstanding side dish, this flavorful broccoli compilation combines layers of ingredients and pulls it all together with wine.
Broccoli, Sicilian Style
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 Cup black olives, sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets, cut up
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 Cup dry red wine
- Clean and wash broccoli and cut into thin slices.
- Grease the bottom of a baking pan with a little olive oil. Arrange onions, olives, anchovies and broccoli in alternate layers in the order named.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Repeat procedure until all ingredients are used. Pour wine over all.
- Cover and place in a pre-heated 375 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Serve as a side dish.
Recipe by Sarah LaRuffa, culinary consultant to The Bontempi's, the first Italian cooking show to appear on television.