Whether you make this as a full-sized quiche or individual mini-quiches, they are delicious and fun.
Broccoli Quiche or Canapes
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 90 canapes
- 6 bacon slices, cooked, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr asparagus soup mix*, dry
- 1 bunch broccoli, cooked, chopped
- 1/3 Cup green onions, including tops chopped
- deep dish pie crust, for quiche
- pastry for 2 pie crusts, for canapes
- *Note: Knorr leek soup mix makes a good substitute. The asparagus soup mix is difficult to find. If using the leek soup mix, reduce the amount of chopped green onions slightly.
- Mix filling together and pepper to taste.
- For quiche: Pour into pie shell and bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 60 minutes. Makes one large quiche.
- For canapes: Roll out pastry. Cut into rounds with cookie cutter. Place rounds in tiny muffin tins. (Choose cookie cutter size such that the pastry rises slightly above the top of the muffin tin.) Press pastry into tins slightly with a shot glass. Fill.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Makes about 90 canapes. Can be frozen.