Broccoli Parmesan is a speedy microwaveable side dish that pairs ideally with many main courses. No only is it easy to make, but incredibly delicious.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese; grated
- Trim and peel tough stalks. Cut the broccoli into thin spears.
- Arrange on a large plate in a circular pattern, with the florets in the center and the stems at the rim. Sprinkle with the water and thyme. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Rotate the dish a half turn.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until the stems are easily pierced with a sharp knife. Do not overcook. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain. Then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Serving size: each of 4 servings Calories: 46 Fat: 1.3 g Sodium: 90 mg Fiber: 3.2 g Cholesterol: 2 mg