Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a British classic perfect for a cold weather. Substitute crumbled Bleu Cheese for Stilton and enjoy this rich potage with croutons. Wonderful with simple crackers or warm, buttery Southern biscuits. Serve with a crisp, fruity white wine like Reisling or a Chardonnay.
- 1 pound broccoli, broken into florets
- 8 ounces leeks, sliced
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 ounces blue Stilton, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 12 broccoli florets, steamed to emerald green color
- 4 teaspoons Stilton, crumbled
- Place the broccoli in a large saucepan with the leeks and potatoes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender in batches, and return the soup to a clean saucepan. Reheat gently.
- Add the Stilton and heat, stirring, until the cheese dissolves.
- Season to taste and ladle into four warmed bowls.
- Garnish with small steamed broccoli florets and 1 teaspoon crumbled Stilton.
Banana Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce is a great recipe for an Autumn dessert. Soothing, comforting an...
One of BLT Steak's signature appetizers, Blue Fin Tuna Tartare from BLT is a very popular dish that'...
We have eaten these crisp, delicious shrimp fritters only in Andalusia, where deep-frying reigns sup...
We love Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce. It's an easy to make dish and we serve it often f...