Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a British classic perfect for a cold weather. Substitute crumbled Bleu Cheese for Stilton and enjoy this rich potage with croutons. Wonderful with simple crackers or warm, buttery Southern biscuits. Serve with a crisp, fruity white wine like Reisling or a Chardonnay.
- 1 pound broccoli, broken into florets
- 8 ounces leeks, sliced
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 ounces blue Stilton, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 12 broccoli florets, steamed to emerald green color
- 4 teaspoons Stilton, crumbled
- Place the broccoli in a large saucepan with the leeks and potatoes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender in batches, and return the soup to a clean saucepan. Reheat gently.
- Add the Stilton and heat, stirring, until the cheese dissolves.
- Season to taste and ladle into four warmed bowls.
- Garnish with small steamed broccoli florets and 1 teaspoon crumbled Stilton.
For an amazing meatless meal worthy of a wonderful weekend treat, try Artichokes Braised with Fennel...
Braised Onions with Whiskey is a glorious side dish. The whiskey imparts an incredible flavor that e...
For an alluring, exciting start to your meal, try our Bloody Mary Gazpacho, a vodka-infused soup tha...
White Chocolate Truffles offer pleasures, in the form of a morsel of white chocolate, never known to...