Served as a vegetarian main course or a side dish, Broccoli and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce is an exceptionally flavorful recipe you will treasure.
Broccoli and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bunch broccoli in pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- water or chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- Clean broccoli.
- Trim off florets into bite-size pieces, lightly peel broccoli stalks and sliced into diagonal medallions.
- Heat wok on high, add oil and when the oil is hot, add garlic and stir-fry 10 seconds. Add broccoli, stir-fry rapidly until the broccoli is covered in oil.
- When the wok is no longer oily, add a splash of water or chicken stock and continue to fry, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, replenishing water/chicken stock whenever wok becomes dry.
- Toss in mushrooms, stir, add oyster sauce, stir, cover and simmer at medium heat two minutes.