For a crunchy, tasty and unusual side dish, try our Broccoli and Blue Cheese in Prepared Puff with your meal. The pairing for blue cheese and broccoli is wonderful, giving an otherwise bland vegetable s little zing. A brief blind baking ensures that the crust is crunchy and not soggy.
- 1 prepared pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound crumbled bleu cheese
- 4 Cups cooked broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs until light. Mix in both cheeses, pepper and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in broccoli. Set aside.
- Place prepared pie crust in 9-inch quiche dish. Line with baker's parchment and add pie weights. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove pie weights and discard parchment.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately or still warm.
Blond Brownies are an American classic and pair perfectly with ice cream, custards or simply a glass...
The flavor of Ruth Agar's Standing Rib Roast is nothing less than spectacular, though the recipes is...
Apple-Raisin Stuffing is an incredible accompaniment to your holiday or weekend roast turkey or goos...
One normally thinks of turkey and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, though Citrus-Scented Turkey is ...