Brithyll A Chig Moch (Trout and Bacon)
Author: Anthony Crowter
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 rainbow trout (1 per person)
- 1 fresh thyme
- 1 fresh sage
- 1 a little butter
- 1 fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh parsley
- 1 rasher of bacon (per person)
- Fresh rainbow trout - cleaned; head and tail left on.
- Stuffed with a mixture of fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley, and sage loosely chopped and blended with a little butter. Wrap the fish in a long rasher of bacon.
- Enclose in foil and bake in a hot oven for around 25-30 minutes. Open top of foil and shape like a boat, paint with a little butter and serve. Serve with boiled potatoes and plain fresh vegetables. This dish used to be baked in an open fire with the fish encased in mud.
Anthony Crowter, Cae Nest, Hall Hotel, Llanbedr, Merionnydd, N. Wales