Brisket in Marinade
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 pounds (2 kilos) brisket
- 2 Cups (500 ml) finely diced onion
- 2 Cups (500 ml) red wine
- Mix the lemon juice, pepper, parsley and marjoram together.
- Coat the brisket with the mixture and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day brown the meat on all sides and return to the marinade. Add the onion and red wine over the top of the brisket and cover with foil.
- Roast in oven at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours.