Breakfast Sausage Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 softened butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 1 Cup (about 4 ounce ) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, in a single layer in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top each bread slice with sausage and remaining bread slices, buttered side up. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings.