Brandy and Almond Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- 100 g (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 75 g (3 ounce) icing sugar
- 25 g (1 ounce) ground almonds
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) Brandy
- few drops of lemon juice
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until very light.
- Sift in the icing sugar, a little at a time, and beat in each addition lightly but thoroughly with a fork.
- Sift in the almonds in the same way.
- Lift the fork when beating, to incorporate as much air as possible.
- Beat in the brandy and lemon juice, a few drops at a time, taking care not to let the mixture separate.
- Taste, and add extra brandy if liked.
- Pile the mixture into a dish and leave to firm up before serving; or turn lightly into a jar with a screw topped lid Cover, and store in a cool place until required.
- Use within one week, or refrigerate for longer storage.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Makes about 225 g (8 oz)