The very simple Brandied Beef Roast produces outstanding results, every time. While tenderloin is expensive, it is worth every penny in this great dish. Serve with Pommes Anna, Duchess or Dauphinoise.
- 3 pounds whole trimmed tenderloin or sirloin roast
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 Cup Brandy
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan. Pour approximately one third of the brandy on the roast.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F. without lid for approximately 15 to 20 minutes per pound for rare. Gradually pour remaining brandy throughout cooking time.
- Baste frequently. If the surface of the roast appears to be drying out during cooking, cover with suet or bacon strips.
- When roasted to desired doneness, remove from oven and allow meat to stand for ten minutes before carving. Season with salt and pepper.