Braised Beef with Soured Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 750 g braising steak, cubed
- 1 onion slicely thinly
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 150 ml beef stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 142 ml fresh sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meat a few pieces at a time, until evenly browned removing the pieces as they are browned.
- Add the onions and cook gently until soft.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the mushrooms, stock, salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160?C (325?F) gas mark 3 for 1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool.
- To freeze, spoon into a rigid container, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve, turn into a saucepan and heat gently until thawed, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream and heat through without boiling.
- Garnish with parsley.
Serve with hearty mashed potatoes to which you’ve added some sour cream, butter and chives. Simply delicious.