This delicious and rich sauce makes a wonderful accompaniment for fresh fruit, puddings, ice creams and some cakes. Perfect with bread pudding. Seriously, one of the best dessert sauces!
- 1/2 Cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Cup cream, heated but not boiled
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon
- 1. In a small bowl, with a hand mixer or whisk, cream together butter and sugar.
- Transfer to the top of a double boiler and place over, but not touching simmering water. Beat in egg yolks and salt. Slowly add hot cream and whisk or blend until thickened. Add Bourbon and stir until an even consistency is obtained. Keep warm.
- Serve over any dessert pudding, ice cream, or poundcake.