Southern cooking at its very best. The pecan pie is simply perfect with the added flavor of Bourbon. A glorious combination of flavors and textures that sweetens your life.
- The Crust:
- 1 1/4 Cups flour; all purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter; sweet, cold and cut up
- 3 Tablespoons shortening; cold
- 3 Tablespoons water; ice
- The Filling:
- 3 eggs; beaten
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 Cup butter; melted unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons Bourbon (the good stuff)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup pecans; chopped
- CRUST Place flour, sugar and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse just to combine. Add butter and shortening. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, slowly pour in water. Process just until mixture begins to come together. Gently press dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lighly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9 inch plate. Place dough in plate and trim, crimp edges.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- FILLING Whisk together the eggs, sugar, corn syrups, butter, bourbon and salt. Place the pecans in the bottom of the pie plate. Pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake until set, about 35-40 minutes.
Artichoke Spinach Dip#ratingval# from #reviews# reviewsPrintRecipe Type: Dips and SalsasAuthor: Epic...
Spicy, sultry and seductive, Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip may also be served as a spread, thoug...
Celery root pairs perfectly with the ordinary potato to create extraordinary results in Potato and C...
Baked Brie with Cranberry Relish is the perfect appetizer for entertaining the in‐laws during the co...