The depth of flavor good Bourbon affords to pork is astounding. Marinated in it, glazed in it, this rich pork dish provides a wonderful dining experience. Make this when entertaining, as it serves 12.
- 6 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed
- Bourbon Brine
- 6 Cups Kentucky bourbon
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound celery, chopped
- 1/2 Cup juniper berries
- 1 head garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 pounds brown sugar
- 2 Cups Kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup black peppercorns
- 1 gallon water
- BBQ Glaze
- 3 Cups light corn syrup
- 1 Cup molasses
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 3 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 ounce Kentucky bourbon
- In a large stock pot, bring to a boil all brine ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Chill before adding pork loin.
- Soak loin in bourbon brine, refrigerate for 48 hours. Remove loin from brine, pat dry and cut into 36 2-ounce cutlets; pound to 1/8-inch thickness. Dip cutlets into BBQ glaze, sear on hot grill 1 minute on both sides, making cross-hatch pattern on both sides. Place on rack under broiler and broil on one side about 3 minutes. Dip in glaze again and broil on other side 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degree F. Dip in BBQ glaze once more before plating.
- For BBQ glaze, mix all ingredients together well.
- Plate 3 cutlets, garnishing with chopped tomato and a sprig of fresh sage.
- If desired, serve with apple-bread stuffing and whipped sweet potatoes or roasted onions.
The aromatic flavors of Basic Irish Sausages are heavenly. Pan seared, these delicious, rich pork sa...
Creamy Turkey Soup is one of the great comfort foods of American cuisine. This incredibly flavorful ...
This dish is celebrated as a favored side in Armenia, and throughout the region, with roots in the O...
Your taste buds will react with intense excitement at their first encounter with our Perfect Chili C...