Bourbon-Butterscotch Baked Apples are extraordinary, mouthwatering dessert of impeccable taste and delicious complexity. Marvelous!
Bourbon-Butterscotch Baked Apples
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 large baking apples; cored (Rome Beauty,Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter; cut in small pieces
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar; firmly packed
- 3/4 Cup Bourbon
- 3/4 Cup light cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove a strip of peel from around the top of each apple with a vegetable peeler. Set the apples upright in a flameproof baking pan just large enough to accommodate them.
- Top the apples with the butter; sprinkle with brown sugar, then drizzle with the Bourbon over all.
- Bake until the apples are puffed and tender, basting them occasionally with the pan juices, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer the apples to a platter and keep warm. Stir the cream into the baking pan and set over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced by half and coats a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the vanilla and lemon juice. Spoon the sauce onto dessert plates and set an apple in the center of each one and serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 545 Fat: 26.7 g Saturated fat: 16.6 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 57.3 g Sugar: 48.9 g Sodium: 26.8 mg Fiber: 5.0 g Protein: 1.3 g Cholesterol: 81.4 mg