Boston Creme Trifle is an extraordinary dessert, combining the delights of cake, pudding and topping in one delightful confection. Simply delish! Though trifles are popular for Christmas, they are by no means limited to the holiday season. This marvel is perfect any time of year.
- 1 (20 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, blend all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; invert onto wire rack. Cool completely. Cut into 24 squares.
- Meanwhile, lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium saucepan combine flour, sugar and salt; mix well. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, remove from heat.
- In small bowl, beat eggs; stir 1/4 cup hot mixture into eggs.
- Gradually stir egg into hot mixture into eggs mixture. Cook over low heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on custard; refrigerate.
- In large bowl, combine all topping ingredients; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble trifle, place 8 cake squares in bottom of deep glass bowl, breaking pieces if necessary to distribute evenly. Spoon 1/3 of custard over cake pieces. Spread 1/3 of topping over custard layer. Repeat, making 3 layers, piping or spooning on last layer of topping. Garnish with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- Above 3500 feet; Add 1/3 cup flour to dry cake mix; increase water 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons. Bake as directed.
- Can be made several hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
One spoonful of Vegetarian Lentil Soup and you'll feel completely warmed and comforted. Simply a del...
Eggnog Bread Pudding is a comfortable, relaxing and flavorful dessert that's very easy to prepare an...
The flavors of our Orange Cake will remind you of a Provençal sunset, overlooking the cool Mediterra...
Decorating and coloring eggs for Easter is an ancient tradition. Both fun and creative, the process ...