Simple to make and utterly delicious, your family will crave Boston Cream Cupcakes regularly. Perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.
Boston Cream Cupcakes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 1 1/4 Cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 pre-made cupcakes baked from a cake mix
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Combine milk, instant pudding mix, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat mixture with a hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until it thickens. Place mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size plain tip.
- Fill cupcakes with vanilla pudding filling by inserting tip into top of cupcake and squeezing a couple of tablespoons of filling into each cupcake. Alternatively, you can cut the cupcakes in half, across, and spoon filling between the halves.
- Heat cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat, add chocolate morsels to pan, and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon or drizzle glaze over cupcakes, or dunk the tops into the glaze. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour, before serving.