Bora Bora Burgers with Potato Nuggets
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons prepared teriyaki sauce - divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound frozen potato nuggets (about 4 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices canned pineapple
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl mix 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce and the ginger to blend thoroughly; add beef and mix to blend thoroughly.
- Form into 4 patties 1/2 inch thick. Cook potato nuggets as package directs, baking for 15 to 17 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mix the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, the ketchup and pepper flakes to make sauce for burgers and potatoes; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat pan fry burgers to desired doneness, turning once. On bottoms of buns layer burgers, pineapple and onion slices and lettuce.
- Cover with bun tops. Serve sauce with potato nuggets and burgers.
- Menu: Coleslaw, Frozen Yogurt
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 810 calories; 39 g fat; 70 mg cholesterol; 1990 mg sodium; 86 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 30 g protein.