The wealth of flavors in Blueberry Waldorf Salad give all who taste it an overwhelming sense of comfort, and an alluring sense of freshness. The clean, crispness cleanses the palate, yet does so in spectacular ways. Try it with grilled chicken or shrimp for a surprising result.
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 2 Cups fresh blueberries, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup canola oil
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 Cup pecan halves, toasted, chopped
- 2 Cups celery, sliced
- 6 Cups baby spinach
- In a medium non-reactive saucepan, simmer orange juice over medium-low heat until reduced to 1/4 cup; cool slightly.
- In blender, combine reduced juice, 1 cup blueberries, honey, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, sugar, mustard and salt; blend until smooth. With blender running, gradually drizzle in oil. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Core and quarter apples; slice quarters crosswise.
- In a large bowl, combine apple slices and remaining 1 Tablespoon lemon juice; add pecans, celery and remaining blueberries; cover tightly and refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, arrange spinach leaves on chilled salad plates; top with blueberry-apple mixture, dividing evenly. Re-blend the dressing for a moment then drizzle the salad with the dressing.
Beef Brisket Braised with Prunes in a Wine Sauce is a delicious, simple dish that's packed with flav...
Braised short ribs make a wonderful meal, enjoyable by young and old. They're rich in flavor, easy t...
Sofrito-Marinated Ranch Steak, also known as boneless chuck shoulder center cut steak is a little to...
A sultry, seductive cold soup, Chilled Clam Bisque brings a richness to the palate few other summert...