The wealth of flavors in Blueberry Waldorf Salad give all who taste it an overwhelming sense of comfort, and an alluring sense of freshness. The clean, crispness cleanses the palate, yet does so in spectacular ways. Try it with grilled chicken or shrimp for a surprising result.
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 2 Cups fresh blueberries, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup canola oil
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 Cup pecan halves, toasted, chopped
- 2 Cups celery, sliced
- 6 Cups baby spinach
- In a medium non-reactive saucepan, simmer orange juice over medium-low heat until reduced to 1/4 cup; cool slightly.
- In blender, combine reduced juice, 1 cup blueberries, honey, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, sugar, mustard and salt; blend until smooth. With blender running, gradually drizzle in oil. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Core and quarter apples; slice quarters crosswise.
- In a large bowl, combine apple slices and remaining 1 Tablespoon lemon juice; add pecans, celery and remaining blueberries; cover tightly and refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, arrange spinach leaves on chilled salad plates; top with blueberry-apple mixture, dividing evenly. Re-blend the dressing for a moment then drizzle the salad with the dressing.
Making Yorkshire Christmas Pye is no small feat. Entire teams of cooks would work for days to prepar...
For those who prefer meatless dishes, the Pulled BBQ Mushroom Sandwich is a genuinely tasty sandwich...
Chicken Gravy with Herbs makes any roasted chicken a luscious delight of impeccable flavor, providin...
Peking Duck, that sweet, sultry and incredible Chinese delicacy, makes an astounding ingredient for ...