Wonderful, moist and deliciously sweet, these muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter (or butter) softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 Cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder; plus
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups blueberries, fresh; or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 Cup butter (or butter); softened
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a small mixing bowl, creaming until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating well.
- Combine 2-1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract, and fold in blueberries Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: If using frozen blueberries, rinse and drain thawed berries; pat dry with paper towels.
- This will prevent discoloration of batter.