When it comes to summertime desserts, Blueberry Sorbet is one of the finest. Soothing, cooling and full of delicious flavor, it’s perfect plain or with vanilla ice cream. Try it as an accompaniment for cheesecake or a custard pie.
- 2 1/2 Cups blueberries
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vodka or brandy, optional
- Puree blueberries with water until smooth. This should make 2 cups.
- Combine blueberry mixture with remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir for several minutes until sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture into small container and refrigerate until mixture is no more than 40F.
- Pour chilled mixture into container of ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- Serve plain, or along side a scoop of vanilla ice cream. May also be used as an accompaniment for chilled fruit soup, custard pies, cheesecake or other subtle flavored desserts.
Many recipes call for Self-Rising Flour. Of course you may buy it in most grocery stores but if you...
This Naked Civil Servant dessert is named in tribute for a British eccentric. A classic rhubarb cris...
This omelet is something of a Tapas twist: Tortilla de Patata. The Spaniards combine their eggs, oni...
In the times past, when shoppers spent the day at the grand department store on Fifth Avenue, they m...