When it comes to summertime desserts, Blueberry Sorbet is one of the finest. Soothing, cooling and full of delicious flavor, it’s perfect plain or with vanilla ice cream. Try it as an accompaniment for cheesecake or a custard pie.
- 2 1/2 Cups blueberries
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vodka or brandy, optional
- Puree blueberries with water until smooth. This should make 2 cups.
- Combine blueberry mixture with remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir for several minutes until sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture into small container and refrigerate until mixture is no more than 40F.
- Pour chilled mixture into container of ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- Serve plain, or along side a scoop of vanilla ice cream. May also be used as an accompaniment for chilled fruit soup, custard pies, cheesecake or other subtle flavored desserts.
Bangers and Colcannon with Guinness Gravy is an outstanding, filling and delicious dish that embodie...
Simple, easy to make and utterly delicious, Caramelized Persimmon with Vanilla Crème Fraîche is a pe...
Orange-Spice Coffee Cake offers a delicate blend of orange and spice. Perfect for breakfast, brunch...
Absolutely luscious, tangy and delightful, Cream of Lemon Soup cleanses the palate, and makes one ye...