Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Cups fresh blueberries; or
- 2 Cups frozen blueberries; partially thawed
- 1 Cup unbleached all purpose flour; sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on the berries and use the berry mixture to fill 6 custard Cups two-thirds full.
- Sift the next 3 ingredients together, and set aside. Work the shortening with a spoon until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, working until light. Beat in the egg and flavoring with a spoon. Add the flour mixture and milk all at once, stirring to mix. Spread on the berries.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 400 Degrees F., for 30 minutes or until done.
TO SERVE: Turn out with the berry side up. Serve warm, with heavy cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.