Blueberry, Mango and Quinoa Salad is a thing of both gastronomic and aesthetic beauty. The combination of tangy fruits and healthy grains with a sweet herbal dressing make it so.
- 1/2 Cup quinoa (washed)
- 1 Cup water
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 1 medium cucumber cut into cubes
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 10 basil leaves, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the water in a medium skillet, then add the quinoa. Turn heat down to medium, cover the skillet and let simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat and let the quinoa cool to room temperature.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Combine the fruits and cucumber in a medium bowl. And whisk together all of the dressing ingredients, except the basil.
- When the quinoa has cooled, combine the basil with the dressing and mix half of the dressing into the quinoa. Combine the quinoa with the fruits and cucumber mixture and serve immediately with the rest of the dressing.
Need a recipe for the local bake sale or as gifts for friends? Lemon Poppy-Seed Bread is the perfect...
This simply wonderful pesto variation makes an alluring, exciting and flavorful sauce for pasta, or ...
Delicious, nutty, moist and crunchy, Maple Nut Rugelach are tender morsels filled with joy and delig...
Using many ingredients, this spicy sauce offers an incredible dining experience to be savored in Chi...