Blueberry, Mango and Quinoa Salad is a thing of both gastronomic and aesthetic beauty. The combination of tangy fruits and healthy grains with a sweet herbal dressing make it so.
- 1/2 Cup quinoa (washed)
- 1 Cup water
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 1 medium cucumber cut into cubes
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 10 basil leaves, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the water in a medium skillet, then add the quinoa. Turn heat down to medium, cover the skillet and let simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat and let the quinoa cool to room temperature.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Combine the fruits and cucumber in a medium bowl. And whisk together all of the dressing ingredients, except the basil.
- When the quinoa has cooled, combine the basil with the dressing and mix half of the dressing into the quinoa. Combine the quinoa with the fruits and cucumber mixture and serve immediately with the rest of the dressing.
Though it is expensive, Chateaubriand for Two with Lobster Tails, Chateau Potatoes and Bearnaise Sau...
Barbecued Chicken Sticks are delicious when served wrapped in a flour tortilla along with mint and T...
While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the ...
Chipotle Mayo is growing in popularity as a mildly spicy compliment to burgers, sandwiches and as a ...