Blueberry Jello Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces
- 1/2 Cup nuts
- One 16-17 ounces can blueberries
- Two 3-ounces packages raspberry gelatin
- One envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 Cup half-and-half cream
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1st layer - dissolve one 3 ounce package raspberry gelatin in 2 cups boiling water and pour in an 8 x 12 inch shallow dish.
- 2nd layer - soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Heat 1 cup Half and Half cream with 1 cup sugar (without boiling) then stir in the softened gelatin. Add vanilla and cream cheese, room temperature, and nuts.
- 3rd layer - dissolve one 3 ounce package raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved, then add one can (16 - 17 ounces) blueberries, including juice.
- Start each new layer after you put the one before it in the refrigerator. Let each layer cool before pateing it on top of the last, or it will melt the previous one. If you wait too long the layers will separate when cut.