Blueberry Crepes are extraordinary. They’re perfect for desserts and glorious as a breakfast or brunch dish. Wonderful flavor in every bite.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 rich crepes, homemade or purchased
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar (may use replacement)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 Cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Cups fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- 1 Cup whipped cream or low-cal whipped topping (prepared)
- Reserve crepes. Combine cornstarch, sugar (replacement), salt, milk, lemon juice and vanilla in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- Crush 1 cup (250 mL) of the blueberries and add to cream mixture. Return to heat, and cook and stir until thickened. Cool. Fold in remaining blueberries. Divide evenly between crepes, and fold or roll the crepes.
- Top each with heaping 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) topping.
Exchange 1 serving: 1/2 bread 1/2 fat; Calories in 1 serving: 72