The French really don’t cook with blueberries as do the British and Americans, however Blueberry Clafoutis is a rare exception, producing amazing flavor with every spoonful.
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 1/2 ounces cream
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 2/3 pound fresh blueberries, rinsed and picked over
- confectioners' sugar and cream to serve
- You will need an ovenproof dish about 10-inches in diameter and a little butter for greasing it with. Butter the dish. Whizz all the ingredients except the fruit in a blender or food processor, or beat together with a hand-held whisk.
- Tip the fruit into the dish, pour over the batter, then bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. for about 40 to 50 minutes, till the batter is lightly risen, golden and lightly firm to the touch. If the surface seems to be browning too much then cover for the last 10 minutes or so with kitchen foil. Leave in the switched-off oven for 10 minutes. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Slow-Roasted Four Onion Soup is an exceptionally flavorful soup with a rich compendium of onion flav...
This sauce falls just short of being classified as a marmalade, but remains a wonderful sauce as a t...
Luxurious, elegant and perfectly delicious, Crab and Asparagus Eggs Benedict is a rich breakfast or ...
Pea, Mint and Ham Soup is quick and easy to make. Perfect for lunch or as a soup course paired with ...