BLT Steak Popovers is the recipe served at the iconic, award-winning steakhouse where these warm, crunchy, moist and delightful morsels are served to the pleasure of one and all. BLT stands, by the way, for Bistro Laurent Tourandel, the famed French chef who created the now famous steakhouse brand.
- 8 large eggs
- 4 Cups whole milk, warmed to about 100 degrees F
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 1/4 Cups Gruyère cheese, grated
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Heat a 12-cup popover pan in a 350 degree F oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk in milk. In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, mixing gently until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Remove popover pan from the oven; spray with cooking spray. Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Top each popover with Gruyère.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees F, rotating pan at 15-minute intervals.
Bubble and Squeak is an exceptional way of preparing potatoes and cabbage into a flavorful side dish...
Big Boy Double Decker Hamburger is an American chain restaurant classic. It is tender, moist, and ri...
Tuscan Primavera Pie offers a surprise vista of springtime vegetables in a modified Shepherd's Pie m...
Saint Patrick's Day Irish Soda Bread is the perfect choice to accompany Corned Beef and Cabbage or a...