Scrumptuous, healthful and so terribly delish, this cocktail becomes soup by simply serving it with a spoon. Spectactular presentation makes it ab fab!
Keep a bottle of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco handy for those who enjoy their Bloody Mary’s a bit more spicy.
- 2 medium onions; diced
- 6 ribs celery ribs; diced
- 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 6 ounces tomato puree
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Quarts vegetable cocktail juice (V-8)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Saute onions and celery in butter until golden. Add tomato puree and sugar; bring quickly to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add vegetable juice; simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Serve chilled in cups or glasses.
- Garnish if you wish with a dollop of sour cream or a stalk of celery with lime, or, serve over ice with a twist of lemon.
Comments: Dottie says, "This recipe is the Bloody Mary Soup served at the old Christopher Inn. A friend in Ohio sent this to me when I lived in northern California.
Per serving: 83 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (3% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
The light, soothing and creamy texture of delectable White Chocolate Mousse bursts upon the palate w...
Tiramisu has become an international favorite dessert, served around the globe in great Italian rest...
Absolutely luscious, tangy and delightful, Cream of Lemon Soup cleanses the palate, and makes one ye...
Gingered Creme Brulee with Buried Blackberries has a deep, rich flavor and extraordinary delicacy. A...