Scrumptuous, healthful and so terribly delish, this cocktail becomes soup by simply serving it with a spoon. Spectactular presentation makes it ab fab!
Keep a bottle of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco handy for those who enjoy their Bloody Mary’s a bit more spicy.
- 2 medium onions; diced
- 6 ribs celery ribs; diced
- 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 6 ounces tomato puree
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Quarts vegetable cocktail juice (V-8)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Saute onions and celery in butter until golden. Add tomato puree and sugar; bring quickly to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add vegetable juice; simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Serve chilled in cups or glasses.
- Garnish if you wish with a dollop of sour cream or a stalk of celery with lime, or, serve over ice with a twist of lemon.
Comments: Dottie says, "This recipe is the Bloody Mary Soup served at the old Christopher Inn. A friend in Ohio sent this to me when I lived in northern California.
Per serving: 83 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (3% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Dulce de Leche is a cross between a candy and a dessert sauce, this caramel is wonderful, whether se...
A perfectly delicious Autumnal soup that is one of our favorites. We love the rich, seasonal flavors...
The ultimate comfort food, a dish of Old-Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese is sure to please even the mo...
Braised Onions with Whiskey is a glorious side dish. The whiskey imparts an incredible flavor that e...