Scrumptuous, healthful and so terribly delish, this cocktail becomes soup by simply serving it with a spoon. Spectactular presentation makes it ab fab!
Keep a bottle of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco handy for those who enjoy their Bloody Mary’s a bit more spicy.
- 2 medium onions; diced
- 6 ribs celery ribs; diced
- 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 6 ounces tomato puree
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Quarts vegetable cocktail juice (V-8)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Saute onions and celery in butter until golden. Add tomato puree and sugar; bring quickly to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add vegetable juice; simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Serve chilled in cups or glasses.
- Garnish if you wish with a dollop of sour cream or a stalk of celery with lime, or, serve over ice with a twist of lemon.
Comments: Dottie says, "This recipe is the Bloody Mary Soup served at the old Christopher Inn. A friend in Ohio sent this to me when I lived in northern California.
Per serving: 83 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (3% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Herbed Salmon in Foil is a simple, delicious, flavorful way of preparing this tasty seafood with min...
While most perceive the turnover as French or American, in truth, the turnover is based on the Pasty...
As soon as Spring has sprung, dandelion greens make a comeback, which is great for White Bean and Ha...
Every single slice of Espresso Chocolate-Chip Angel Food Cake yields a jolt of caffeine paired with ...