For an alluring, exciting start to your meal, try our Bloody Mary Gazpacho, a vodka-infused soup that’s nutrient rich and incredibly flavorful.
Bloody Mary Gazpacho
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 large tomatoes; seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 Cup sliced celery
- 4 Cups tomato juice; see * Note
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon hot pepper sauce; or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup vodka; (optional)
- Inner celery stalks with greens; for garnish
- lime slices; for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, celery, juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper in blender in batches, using well-shaken juice in each batch.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, stir well, add vodka if using, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve chilled, garnished with celery stalks and lime slices.
* Note: Clamato juice is the most flavorful option for this recipe.
Serving size: each of 10 servings Calories: 30 Fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Sodium: 542 mg Fiber: 0.56 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 g