The enticing, alluring flavors of Blood Orange Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans bring a treasured bit of summer to wintry weather days. Refreshing and exciting to the taste buds.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup blood orange juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon spicy mustard or Creole mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 small-medium sized blood oranges
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled roughly
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans, candied are best but not required
- 16 ounce package of spring mixed greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and segment the oranges by taking the peel off with a sharp knife. Then slice in between the membrane of each slice and the segment will fall out. Squeeze the membranes to extract the juice, which may be useful in the dressing.
- Transfer the oranges to a small bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a plastic container with the lid securely sealed. Shake until everything is mixed together. Set aside.
- Place the mixed greens into a large bowl and add the orange slices and about 2 Tablespoons of the dressing.
- Toss gently and add more dressing if you prefer. Transfer the greens to plates and top each pile with some crumbled blue cheese, pecans and season with salt and pepper.
Chunky Fruit Barbecue Marinade and Chutney is perfect with grilled or baked pork, fish, poultry or g...
A cross between a chicken dish and a stew, Fricassee of Chicken with Winter Vegetables is a crowd pl...
Our delicious Shrimp Cakes are the kind you'd expect in the finest restaurant. Served with a sauce ...
Mudslide Cookies are seriously wonderful treats that are ideal with milk, or even with mixed drinks....