Blackberry Fool is a luscious pudding made by blending pureed blackberries with whipped cream. Garnished with fresh blackberries, the dessert is simple and delicious. Perfection as a summertime treat.
- 2 1/2 Cups fresh blackberries
- 2 Cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon blackberry brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place 1 Cup of the berries into your food processor. Puree them then pour into a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, press the mixture until only the seeds remain. Discard the seeds.
- Add the cream, sugar, brandy and vanilla to a mixing bowl and whisk by hand or use an electric hand mixer until firm peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the blackberry puree and half the remaining whole blackberries into the whipped cream with a rubber spatula. Portion the fool into glass cups, cocktail glasses or bowls and garnish with the fresh berries. Serve immediately.
Adding corn kernels to Blueberry Cornmeal Cake makes it a truly glorious treat for dessert, breakfas...
An outstanding summertime delight, freshly made Raspberry Sorbet is always a great pleasure and far ...
Making your own Croutons is easy, and a perfect way to produce the exact flavor you want. Perfect fo...
Chicken Gravy with Herbs makes any roasted chicken a luscious delight of impeccable flavor, providin...