Black Walnut Christmas Cake is a recipe from Diamond Nuts. It’s moist, delicious, crunchy yet soft and delicate. A perfect confection to celebrate the holidays.
Black Walnut Christmas Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 1 cake
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 4 eggs; separated
- 2 Cups flour; sifted
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup black walnuts; finely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks all at once. Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Set aside 1 cup of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and the milk in small portions, alternately, mixing well with each addition, starting and ending with an addition of the dry ingredients.
- Mix together, the reserved flour and the nuts, and stir into the batter, mixing just until blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold them into the batter.
- Bake in a 9 x 5" greased and floured loaf pan, or 3 quart mold at 350 degrees F. about 50-60 minutes, or until done.
- Frost with your favorite icing.
Shown here as a frosted Christmas cake.