You can dislike cherries, or cherry pie, but you’re going to love Black Cherry Ice Cream. Add dark chocolate chunks to make your own Cherry Garcia!
Black Cherry Ice Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 pints
- 2 Cups ripe black cherries, pitted
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups heavy cream, whipped
- lemon juice, optional
- dark chocolate chunks, optional
- Mash cherries slightly with the sugar in a bowl.
- Fold in cream, then taste the mixture and add more sugar or some lemon juice, if necessary.
- Pour the mixture into container.
- Cover and freeze until firm, beating well after 1 1/2 hours. Fold in chocolate chunks in the last 10 minutes, if using to make Cherry Garcia.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Serve with macaroons.